Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spinning Characters from Real People - My Husband

A few days before Valentine's Day, 2016 my husband asked me to take him to the doctor for what he thought was an incurable gas pain. I snickered and agreed, despite the early hour and my not yet having any coffee. Speaking of coffee, I'll be right back.

Mmm, caffeine. Now where was I?

Oh yeah, gas pains. In my defense, late one night a few years ago my husband had me take him to the emergency room. He was sure his appendix was on the verge of rupturing. The attending physician prescribed him a heavy-duty painkiller, he passed gas (my husband, not the doctor), and we went home. Needless to say, I've had more than a little fun at his expense in the time since.

So imagine my surprise when this time the doctor sent us to the emergency room. The attending physician confirmed what the primary care doctor suspected. That afternoon, they removed his appendix.

You can bet your sea-salted, caramel ribbon Frappuccino this will make its way into a book.

Did you ever write a character based on someone in real life? Psst. Tell about it in the comments. Your secret's safe with me!

In the meantime, check out this video. I'm not sure what's more disturbing, the review or the game. Either way, it's a real gas--pun intended!


No comments:

Post a Comment